Monday, June 9, 2008

South Beach Diet


Well, it's been more than a year since my twins were born; I've resigned myself to the fact that the extra pounds I'm still carrying can no longer be blamed on them. I've just been lazy and gluttonous (sigh). So, my husband and I are launching Phase 1 of the South Beach diet (we've done this diet in the past with great success). No time like the present, eh?

Any diet worth its salt will include lots of fresh produce. For Phase 1 of the South Beach diet, fruit is off limits (sigh), but in two weeks, we can bring on the peaches, cantaloupe, blueberries, etc. The picture above is from my morning run to our local produce market. It's cheery to see such beautiful colors all waiting to be sliced, diced, and served up. I'm encouraged to persevere.

Just had to share! Summer is a wonderful time to at least enrich the fruits and veggie side of your diet, even if you're not aiming to lose weight. So, take advantage of the glorious growing season and eat tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, and lettuces to your heart's content.

No comments: