Saturday, February 9, 2008

Betsy's Bio

My life is very, very different than it was 3 years ago. Then, I was married to a wonderful Christian man, working full-time as a school teacher, and supporting my husband as he finished a grueling PhD program. In 2005, in the space of 5 short months, I quit my job, my hubby took a new job, we moved from our big, sprawling city to a medium-sized city, we had our first child, my hubby finished his dissertation and graduated, we joined a new church, and we were off and running. I kept thinking I would soon get "back to normal" (meaning, of course, the way I looked and acted pre-children), but that has not been the case. We had twins a mere 18 months after our daughter was born, and I've been coming to the firm conclusion ever since that life will NEVER be the same for me again (and I still don't know what the "new normal" will be). But I'm learning anew how sufficient the grace of God is no matter what our situation. I'm learning that the Lord has different ideas of what our lives should look like than we do. In the past couple of months, I've begun to get excited again to look ahead and see where the Lord takes me and my family. I've also begun to have a renewed desire to seek Him first in all that I do, to serve Him as I serve my family, and to study His word.

No comments: