The more you prepare on Saturday, the more smoothly Sunday mornings will go (or, at least, you up your chances!). Take some time to think through your usual Sunday morning routine. What can you do Saturday to lessen your Sunday morning to-do list? For instance, in our house, we do the following on Saturdays:
- fill diaper bag with diapers, extra onesies, snacks for the ride home, sippy cups for nursery use, etc.
- put diaper bag in car
- make sure church clothes are washed and ironed if necessary (this means we've already planned what we're going to be wearing!)
- locate all applicable accessories: hair bows, shoes, cardigans, hats, coats, etc.
- gather all Sunday school material (my husband and I both frequently teach)
- get Sunday morning breakfast ready or planned (hardboiled eggs often appear on our Sunday breakfast table)
- make sure the car has gas (driving an SUV 40 minutes to church means that you can't make it on "E")
- Saturday night baths
Happy Saturday prep for Sunday morning worship!