Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tea Bag: Offensive Behavior

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

We are studying Proverbs in my Bible study right now. This verse really stuck out, and then I had a situation with it. Someone we know made a comment to my husband assuming I was a certain way. He backed me up, but I was riled up about it. How dare they assume something that is not true (and really stupid). If they really knew me, they would know the difference. And I have to see them in a week. Then this verse popped into my head. I realized--what a great example of overlooking an offense. Sure I could let it bother me. In reality, we are talking about someone who is not what I would call a strong Christian and has pretty selfish motives in mind. So I am going to forget it, hold my head high, knowing who I am in Christ, and be myself regardless of their "worldly opinions" (which really don't matter!). So here's to holding your own head high to overlook other offenses!

No comments: