Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quick Shine: Outside Table and Chairs

A "quick shine" is a polishing job you can do to your home in approximately 10 minutes. Generally, it's a task that needs to be done, but you might be tempted to put if off (or have been putting it off already). Just remember, you can get a lot done in 10 minutes!

My husband really loves to eat out on our screened in porch. I usually grumble about the work it takes to clean off the table and chairs before we can sit down to dinner. A few days ago, we had a nice, warm day (70 degrees), so I decided to quit grumbling and do a quick shine. 10 minutes later, my toddler and I had cleaned off the table and chairs and the place was ready. In retrospect, this didn't take me long to do and was so worth it! We even pulled the babies' high chairs out there and all enjoyed the fresh air. It's so easy to make a task bigger in your mind than it is in reality. Besides, my toddler LOVED wiping down the plastic chairs with her paper towel.

No comments: