Saturday, March 15, 2008

Savoring a Cup of Tea: Repolishing My Teapot

Recently, I have just felt in a rut! Not much motivation to do anything. Granted, some of this is warranted. I had a major crisis with my washing maching, we kept a little boy for a friend, I had a BIG birthday, and I can't count how many things have gone "wrong" the past few days. To add to the mix, my husband brought home a little kitty as a "present". So quite frankly, I'm tired (not just sleepy!) What happens when we are so often in this predicament (besides lying in bed all day)? Usually, God speaks to us somehow.

Our womens' Bible study at church has been going through the book of James. Pretty heavy book if you ask me, but it has been good. This week was James 4:1-3. It talks all about our passions and desires taking hold, waging battles and hatred among us (our sinful nature), culminating in James 4:2b-3 "You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."

What I found most interesting, was that in our Bible study discussion, one of the main ideas brought up was (and no it wasn't brought up by me!) how we need to repolish our lives, and get our motives and desires in check. HELLO!!! Has any one been reading the poem lately (including me!) I couldn't believe I was being slapped in the face with some of the reasoning behind our Tarnished Teapot! Wow.

So if you have been in a "worn out" phase lately, maybe it is time you repolish some of your teapot too! I know I need too. The Bible is always a great place to start! You can also check out our resource, True Woman, by Susan Hunt (located in the side bar).

No comments: