Friday, March 7, 2008

Special Day Extras

Since it is my birthday, I thought I would share some little extra things you can do to brighten someones day. We have done many of these:

1. Ecards. Betsy had at least 30 ecards sent to me. OK that's a lot, but it was fun. Family and friends I hadn't heard from in a long time responded too!
2. Breakfast sprinkles: My boys love this for their pancakes, waffles, or anything similar you usually add syrup to.
3. Sandwich shapes: Take cookie cutters and cut your sandwiches into fun shapes.
4. Special cake: Make that extra special cake for that extra special person!
5. Flowers: Who doesn't like flowers! Or plants. Kids like to pick them too to give.
6. Cards: Forget email, I still like snail mail too! Fun to find it in your mailbox.
7. Special dishes: We had growing up (and now too) a special "birthday" plate, you got to use it on your birthday.
8. Pick your dinner: If it's your birthday, you get to pick what you eat.
9. Growth charts: For little ones, chart their growth every year on their birthday. Date it-or you may not remember the year later.
10. Phone calls: Emailing is too easy, pick up the phone and hear someones voice.

That's just some...there are lots. Think of your own special treats to do.

No comments: