Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shut Up and Pray!

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

The power of a praying wife!! Yesterday I was once again struck by this. Without listing details (I don't want to embarrass him), there was something I thought my husband should be doing. But nagging (my way of encouraging) only makes it worse. So awhile back I shut-up and started praying about it. Well, lo and behold...it was presented to him. He told me it had been offered, and I had to struggle to keep my mouth shut to start in my "you really should, it would be good, etc, etc." Well, he surprised me last night (I had forgotten about it) to say he was going to.

I mention this to tell you the power of a praying wife. I know us wives are NOT perfect. But are husbands aren't either. And there are many areas of our husbands lives I am sure we want to see change in (and picking up his clothes doesn't count!). These are major areas; spiritually, financially, physically (health), etc. And like I said, nagging is not encouragement (sorry ladies!) But praying quietly about it with God can do 1 of 2 things; change your heart, or change his. It doesn't happen over night, but I have seen changes in the way we view finances, job issues, family things, church, etc. Some of these changes have majorly affected my life too-like moving-but the end result is so much better. So try it...you never know how God will work.

No comments: