Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Top Five Children's Birthday Presents, part 1

When an invitation to a young child's birthday says "no gifts necessary" or something to that effect, no one seems to take it seriously...except perhaps yours truly. Since I (Betsy) hope people take me seriously when I put that on my children's birthday invitations, I choose to believe the other parents are similarly hopeful. But, since none of us like to show up empty handed to said birthday party, here are some small suggestions that have been well received by my own children and those of my friends:

  1. Fun birthday cards (the ones with music are especially popular)
  2. Bubbles
  3. Stickers and other consumables such as markers, art paper, coloring books, etc. (things the child can use up over time)
  4. Play-doh
  5. a book (paperbacks are cheap; board books are also nice)

No comments: